Because Dominion Dating is focused on providing a high-quality pool of convictionally biblical Christians, becoming a member is not as simple as just signing up and entering a few contact details. All of our members must meet a biblical standard of both doctrine and piety:
Commitment to historic Christian orthodoxy
- That the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, our only ultimate and infallible authority, and sufficient to fully equip one with wisdom for salvation and godly living.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons—Father, Son and Holy Spirit—Who made everything that has been made, and all very good. He is limited by nothing other than His own nature and character, which is holy, righteous, good, severe, loving and merciful.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ is fully man and fully God; was born of the virgin; lived a sinless life; performed miracles; died a vicarious and atoning death; was raised bodily for our justification; ascended to the right hand of the Father from where He now reigns over every created thing; and will personally return in power and glory.
- That because of Adam’s sin, all mankind is in rebellion against God, and under His judgment. The only solution to this rebellion is regeneration by the Holy Spirit, and the only way to escape judgment is to receive the covering of Christ’s righteousness. Salvation is therefore by grace alone, through faith alone, and our works can add nothing to our standing before God; yet a faith that saves does work through love by the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
- That both the saved and the lost shall be resurrected; the saved to everlasting life, and the lost to everlasting punishment.
Commitment to historic Christian gendered piety
- That dating is an intentional path towards marriage, and should be pursued under proper spiritual oversight. The modern pattern of “casual dating” that pursues romance and sensuality for the purpose of vain pleasure is to be rejected as wicked.
- That the normal means that God has given for spiritual oversight is by submission to the discipleship of elders in His Church. If a local church cannot be found that is willing, whether formally or informally, to fulfill this duty in accordance with biblical piety, the obligation of discipleship is not removed, but a good-faith alternative must be established.
- That fulfilling the command to “be fruitful and multiply” is a normal part of joyful obedience to God’s plan for marriage. This involves both having children, and intentionally raising them to know and love God.
- That a husband is head of his wife, and is entrusted by God with the delegated duty and authority to rule his family, by guiding, guarding, and providing.
- That a wife is one flesh with her husband, and is entrusted with the duty and responsibility of homemaking; faithfully helping her husband by receiving and submitting to his rulership.
Commitment to personal holiness
- You must be pursuing sexual holiness as you prepare for marriage, continually turning away from acts of fornication and immodesty (including pornography, sensual dress, and lustful thoughts), and fighting temptation through time in the Word, confession to God, and submission to the discipleship of wise and holy counselors.
To verify your membership, we require the endorsement of the man you are submitted to for discipleship. You will need to provide his contact details during the application process, so we can send him a verification form to complete. This will take him about 5 minutes. We cannot approve your account without this, so please speak to him before applying.
Thank you for taking time to read our member requirements. If you are not in full agreement, we’d welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. On the other hand, if you are in full agreement, why not apply for a free trial membership?